[Numpy-discussion] Pandas v0.16.0 release candidate 1

Jeff Reback jeffreback at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:33:36 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate of
Pandas 0.16.0.
Please try this RC and report any issues here: Pandas Issues
<https://github.com/pydata/pandas/issues>
We will be releasing officially in 1 week or so.

This is a major release from 0.15.2 and includes a small number of API
changes, several new features, enhancements, and performance improvements
along with a large number of bug fixes. We recommend that all users upgrade
to this version.

   - Highlights include:
      - DataFrame.assign method, see *here*
      <http://pandas-docs.github.io/pandas-docs-travis/whatsnew.html#whatsnew-0160-enhancements-assign>
      - Series.to_coo/from_coo methods to interact with scipy.sparse, see
      *here*
      <http://pandas-docs.github.io/pandas-docs-travis/whatsnew.html#whatsnew-0160-enhancements-sparse>
      - Backwards incompatible change to Timedelta to conform the
.seconds attribute
      with datetime.timedelta, see *here*
      <http://pandas-docs.github.io/pandas-docs-travis/whatsnew.html#whatsnew-0160-api-breaking-timedelta>
      - Changes to the .loc slicing API to conform with the behavior of .ix
       see *here
      <http://pandas-docs.github.io/pandas-docs-travis/whatsnew.html#indexing-changes>*
      - Changes to the default for ordering in the Categorical constructor,
      see *here
      <http://pandas-docs.github.io/pandas-docs-travis/whatsnew.html#whatsnew-0160-api-breaking-categorical>*

Here are the full whatsnew and documentation links:
v0.16.0 Whatsnew
<http://pandas-docs.github.io/pandas-docs-travis/whatsnew.html>

Source tarballs, windows builds, and mac wheels are available here:

Pandas v0.16.0rc1 Release <https://github.com/pydata/pandas/releases>

A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this release!

Jeff