[Numpy-discussion] Pandas v0.16.0 release candidate 1
jeffreback at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:33:36 EDT 2015
I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate of
Please try this RC and report any issues here: Pandas Issues
We will be releasing officially in 1 week or so.
This is a major release from 0.15.2 and includes a small number of API
changes, several new features, enhancements, and performance improvements
along with a large number of bug fixes. We recommend that all users upgrade
to this version.
- Highlights include:
- DataFrame.assign method, see *here*
- Series.to_coo/from_coo methods to interact with scipy.sparse, see
- Backwards incompatible change to Timedelta to conform the
with datetime.timedelta, see *here*
- Changes to the .loc slicing API to conform with the behavior of .ix
- Changes to the default for ordering in the Categorical constructor,
Here are the full whatsnew and documentation links:
Source tarballs, windows builds, and mac wheels are available here:
Pandas v0.16.0rc1 Release <https://github.com/pydata/pandas/releases>
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this release!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NumPy-Discussion