[Numpy-discussion] Problem with _dotblas.pyd when using Matplotlib for 3d plot

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke at uci.edu
Thu Mar 19 17:06:50 EDT 2015

On 11/19/2014 3:21 PM, Charles R Harris wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Mégardon Geoffrey
> <geoffrey.megardon at gmail.com <mailto:geoffrey.megardon at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     __
>     Hi,
>
>     In verbose mode, it stops at this line:
>     test_blasdot.test_dot_3args ...
>
>     Ok, I will try with numpy and python :/
>

> Might want to file a bug report with Continuum Analytics. Plain old
> numpy will not be using _dotblas, that requires ATLAS or MKL for blas
> support.
>
> Chuck

The crash is likely due to a bug in Intel's MKL when running on AMD
processors. It has been fixed in MKL 11.1 Update 4 and 11.2.

<https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/illegal-instruction-on-machine-with-amd-jaguar-processor>

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29033280/repeatable-error-during-numpy-test-on-64-bit-windows-8-1-system>

Christoph