[Numpy-discussion] Installation on Windows

Per Tunedal per.tunedal at operamail.com
Mon Mar 23 03:38:54 EDT 2015

Hi,
thank you all!
This turned out more complicated than I expected. I tried installing the
indicated compiler VCForPython27.msi
 but that didn't change anything.

On the other hand I don't want to install any special distribution of
Python - I want to stick to the standard distribution to be sure my own
code can run anywhere.

I only need numpy to test the language guesser langid.py - as I need a
guesser for sentences (a very small amount of text, making the language
identification tricky). langid.py happens to be dependent on numpy. I
will try some other language guesser instead. I might install Anaconda
on a virtual machine to compare numpy with other solutions.

Yours,
Per Tunedal