[Numpy-discussion] Asking proposal review/feedback for GSOC 15
ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 18:31:47 EDT 2015
On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Oğuzhan Ünlü <cengoguzhanunlu at gmail.com>
> Hi Nikolay,
> Thanks for pointing out that! It really helped. I think it looks better
> and easier to review now.
> I appreciate any comment/feedback. My proposal is at
Regarding your schedule:
- I would remove the parts related to benchmarks. There's no nice benchmark
infrastructure in numpy itself at the moment (that's a separate GSoC idea),
so the two times 1 week that you have are likely not enough to get
something off the ground there.
- The "implement a flexible interface" part will need some discussion,
probably it makes sense to first draft a document (call it a NEP - Numpy
Enhancement Proposal) that lays out the options and makes a proposal.
- I wouldn't put "investigate accuracy differences" at the end. What if you
find out there that you've been working on something for the whole summer
that's not accurate enough?
- The "researching possible options" I would do in the community bonding
period - when the coding period starts you should have a fairly
- 3 weeks for implementing the interface looks optimistic.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NumPy-Discussion