[Numpy-discussion] How to Force Storage Order

Klemm, Michael michael.klemm at intel.com
Tue Mar 31 02:49:37 EDT 2015

Dear all,

I have found a bug in one of my codes and the way it passes a Numpy matrix to MKL's dgemm routine.  Up to now I was assuming that the matrixes are using C order.  I guess I have to correct this assumption :-).

I have found that the numpy.linalg.svd algorithm creates the resulting U, sigma, and V matrixes with Fortran storage.  Is there any way to force these kind of algorithms to not change the storage order?  That would make passing the matrixes to the native dgemm operation much easier.

Cheers,
        -michael

Dr.-Ing. Michael Klemm
Senior Application Engineer
Software and Services Group
Developer Relations Division
Phone	+49 89 9914 2340
Cell	+49 174 2417583

Intel GmbH
Dornacher Strasse 1
85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen, Deutschland
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Lamprechter, Hannes Schwaderer, Douglas Lusk
Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456
Ust.-IdNr./VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
Citibank Frankfurt a.M. (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052