[Numpy-discussion] binary wheels for numpy?

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Sat May 16 01:26:20 EDT 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 6:56 PM, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unrelated to the pip/wheel discussion.
>
> In my experience by far the easiest to get something running to play with
> is using Winpython. Download and unzip (and maybe add to system path) and
> most of the data analysis stack is available.

Sure -- if someone comes to me wanting to use python for
scientific/computational computing, I point them to one of the
distributions -- maybe I'll add WinPython to that list now.

But if someone is already using python for, say web development, then they
already have an installation up and running, and I want to give them an
easy option to add numpy (and secondarily scipy) to what they have easily.

And it looks like we are almost there, thanks to a lot of work by a few key
folks -- thanks!

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov