[Numpy-discussion] Two questions about PEP 465 dot product

Alexander Belopolsky ndarray at mac.com
Thu May 21 21:06:46 EDT 2015

1. Is there a simple expression using existing numpy functions that
implements PEP 465 semantics for @?

2. Suppose I have a function that takes two vectors x and y, and a matrix M
and returns x.dot(M.dot(y)).  I would like to "vectorize" this function so
that it works with x and y of any ndim >= 1 and M of any ndim >= 2 treating
multi-dimensional x and y as arrays of vectors and M as an array of
matrices (broadcasting as necessary).  The result should be an array of xMy
products.  How would I achieve that using  PEP 465's @?