[Numpy-discussion] Backwards-incompatible improvements to numpy.random.RandomState

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Sun May 24 13:49:22 EDT 2015

On May 24, 2015 8:43 AM, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Reminder: we are bottom or inline posting

Can we stop hassling people about this? Inline replies are a great tool to
have in your toolkit for complicated technical discussions, but I feel like
our weird insistence on them has turned into a pointless and exclusionary
thing. It's not like bottom replying is even any better -- the traditional
mailing list rule is you trim quotes to just the part you're replying to
(like this message); quoting the whole thing and replying underneath just
to give people a bit of exercise for their scrolling finger would totally
have gotten you flamed too.

But email etiquette has moved on since the 90s, even regular posters to
this list violate this "rule" all the time, it's time to let it go.

-n