[Numpy-discussion] Strategy for OpenBLAS

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Wed May 27 04:25:50 EDT 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This morning I was wondering whether we ought to plan to devote some
> resources to collaborating with the OpenBLAS team.

Sounds like a great idea to me. Even a bit familiar :-)
   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/57498

The lead developers of both OpenBLAS and BLIS are currently at UT
Austin: http://shpc.ices.utexas.edu/people.html
...and it turns out that this is also where SciPy will be held in
July. Might be a good opportunity for numpy/scipy folks interested in
these matters to sit down in the same room as them and hash out some
kind of shared plan of action.

(NB: I'm told that BLIS now has full multi-threading support, and that
they are working on runtime CPU detection and kernel auto-selection
right now.)

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith -- http://vorpus.org