[Numpy-discussion] Verify your sourceforge windows installer downloads

Todd toddrjen at gmail.com
Fri May 29 01:43:34 EDT 2015

andrew.collette at gmail.com> wrote:

>> In any case I've always been surprised that NumPy is distributed
>> through SourceForge, which has been sketchy for years now. Could it
>> simply be hosted on PyPI?
>

> They don't accept arbitrary binaries like SF does, and some of our
installer formats can't be uploaded there.

> David

Is that something that could be fixed? Has anyone asked the pypi
maintainers whether they could change those rules, either in general or by
granting exceptions on a case-by-case basis to projects that have proven
track records and importance?

It would seem to me that if the rules on pypi are forcing critical projects
like numpy to host elsewhere, then the rules are flawed and are preventing
pypi from serving is intended purpose.