[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.10.0 release

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 07:30:18 EDT 2015

On 10/06/2015 01:45 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
> Are extra_compile_args actually used in all compile steps?

extra_compile_args is not used by numpy, its to support some third party
use case I never understood.
As the typical site.cfg used by numpy only contains binaries that are
never compiled by numpy itself it should have no effect on anything.

> CFLAGS='-march=native -O3' python setup.py build
>
> Does seem to use my CFLAGS, as it always did on previous numpy versions.

still seems to work for me, though the preferred variable is OPT= as
CFLAGS will contain a bunch of other stuff related to building python
extensions themselves (e.g. -fno-strict-aliasing)