[Numpy-discussion] Making datetime64 timezone naive

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:42:38 EDT 2015

I'd be totally in support of switching to timezone naive form. While it
would be ideal that everyone stores their dates in UTC, the real world is
messy and most of the time, people are just loading dates as-is and don't
even care about timezones. I work on machines with different TZs, and I
hate it when I save a bunch of data on one machine in UTC, but then go to
view it on my local machine and everything is shifted. It gets even more
confusing around DST switches because it gets all mixed up.

Ben Root