[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.10.1 released.

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 14 12:47:23 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 9:38 AM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:

> The change in 1.10.1 only affects msvc, which is not what most people are
> using (IIUC Enthought Canopy uses msvc, but the pypi, gohlke, and Anaconda
> builds don't).

Anaconda uses MSVC for the most part -- they _may_ compile numpy itself
some other way, no one but continuum knows for sure  :-)

> I'm actually not sure if anyone even uses the 32 bit builds at all :-)

There's a lot of 32 bit python use out there still, including numpy.

We ever figure out a way to get a meaningful message to the user if they
> try to run an SSE2 build on a machine without SSE2?
>
> It's not that difficult in principle, just someone has to do it :-).

yeah, there's always that ....

-CHB

> -n

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov