[Numpy-discussion] feature request - increment counter on write check

Daniel d.manson.11 at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 11 09:00:55 EDT 2015

>...you would have to "notify" the array itself that it has changed..

I don't get what you mean..or maybe I do...? Do you mean that if there are
two arrays with non-overlapping views of the same data then modifying one
will change the mutablehash of both?  That's true I guess, and I hadn't
considered it, but I don't think it matters hugely because inequality of
mutablehashes is not supposed to imply inequality of data.