[Numpy-discussion] Governance model request

Sturla Molden sturla.molden at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 08:51:38 EDT 2015

On 22/09/15 14:31, Perry Greenfield wrote:

> I’ve also stayed out of this until now. I’m surprised and disheartened at the amount of suspicion and distrust directed towards Travis.

I have no idea where this distrust comes from. Nobody has invested so
much of their time in NumPy. Without Travis there would not even be a NumPy.

> So much of this distrust appears based on what Continuum might do rather than what the actual record is.

Being CEO of Continuum should not disqualify him in any way.

> I agree with Travis that virtually everyone has their own interests.

Even Guido and Linus have employers. Should we distrust Guido as Python
BDFL because some day Dropbox will be evil? It is just nonsense.

Sturla