[Numpy-discussion] "Become an Open Source Contributor" workshop

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 23 17:57:53 EDT 2015

Hi Jaime

On 2015-09-23 14:06:08, Jaime Fernández del Río <jaime.frio at gmail.com> wrote:
>    3. If you have organized anything similar in the past, and have material
>    that I could use to, ahem, draw inspiration from, or recommendations to
>    make, or whatever, I'd love to hear from you.

Here's the new developer workflow page for scikit-image, I'm sure many
other projects have similar ones:

http://scikit-image.org/docs/stable/contribute.html

Perhaps you can harvest some ideas.  Also, a beginner's summary to git
workflow:

http://rogerdudler.github.io/git-guide/

It's a lot to teach in only an hour or two, so if I were teaching I'd
keep it simple (basic) and clear (to make sure the students can "keep it
in their heads"), and to make sure they have a clear avenue for
questions when they get stuck after the class.

Stéfan