[Numpy-discussion] Multidimension array access in C via Python API

mpc matt.p.conte at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:59:17 EDT 2016

Thanks for responding.

It looks you made/found these yourself since I can't find anything like this
in the API. I can't believe it isn't, so convenient!

By the way, from what I understand, the ':' is represented as
*PySlice_New(NULL, NULL, NULL) *in the C API when accessing by index,
correct?

Therefore the final result will be something like:

*PyObject* first_column_tuple = PyTuple_New(2);
PyTuple_SET_ITEM(first_column_tuple, 0, PySlice_New(NULL, NULL, NULL));
PyTuple_SET_ITEM(first_column_tuple, 1, PyInt_FromLong(0));
PyObject* first_column_buffer = PyObject_GetItem(src_buffer,
first_column_tuple);
*