[Numpy-discussion] Multidimension array access in C via Python API

mpc matt.p.conte at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:56:49 EDT 2016

That's a very clever approach. I also found a way using the pandas library
with the groupby function.

points_df = pandas.DataFrame.from_records(buffer)
new_buffer = points_df.groupby(qcut(points_df.index, resolution**3)).mean()

I did the original approach with all of those loops because I need a way to
measure and report on progress, and although these advanced functions are
great, they are still asynchronous and blocking and provides no means of
indicating progress.

Still cool though, thanks!