[Numpy-discussion] linux wheels coming soon

Jens Nielsen jenshnielsen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:02:17 EDT 2016

I have tried testing the wheels in a project that runs tests on Travis's
Trusty infrastructure which. The wheels work great for python 3.5 and saves
us several minuts of runtime.

However, I am having trouble using the wheels on python 2.7 on the same
Trusty machines. It seems to be because the wheels are tagged as
cp27-cp27mu  (numpy-1.11.0-cp27-cp27mu-manylinux1_x86_64.whl) where as
pip.pep425tags.get_abi_tag()
returns cp27m on this particular python version. (Stock python 2.7
installed on Travis 14.04 VMs) Any chance of a cp27m compatible wheel build?

best
Jens