[Numpy-discussion] linux wheels coming soon

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:11:17 EDT 2016

Are we going to have to have documentation somewhere making it clear that
the numpy wheel shouldn't be used in a conda environment? Not that I would
expect this issue to come up all that often, but I could imagine a scenario
where a non-scientist is simply using a base conda distribution because
that is what IT put on their system. Then they do "pip install ipython"
that indirectly brings in numpy (through the matplotlib dependency), and
end up with an incompatible numpy because they would have been linked
against different pythons?

Or is this not an issue?

Ben Root