[Numpy-discussion] linux wheels coming soon

Olivier Grisel olivier.grisel at ensta.org
Thu Apr 21 04:47:50 EDT 2016

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 1:59 AM, Olivier Grisel
> <olivier.grisel at ensta.org> wrote:
>> Thanks,
>>
>> I think next we could upgrade the travis configuration of numpy and
>> scipy to build and upload manylinux1 wheels to
>> http://travis-dev-wheels.scipy.org/ for downstream project to test
>> against the master branch of numpy and scipy whithout having to build
>> those from source.
>>
>> However that would require publishing an official pre-built
>> libopenblas.so (+headers) archive or RPM package. That archive would
>> server as the reference libary to build scipy stack manylinux1 wheels.
>
> There's an OpenBLAS archive up at :
> http://ccdd0ebb5a931e58c7c5-aae005c4999d7244ac63632f8b80e089.r77.cf2.rackcdn.com/openblas_0.2.18.tgz

Thanks.

> - is that the right place for it?  It gets uploaded by the
> manylinux-builds travis run.

The only problem with rackspace cloud files is that as of now there is
no way to put a short domain name (CNAME) with https. Maybe we could
use the github "release" system on a github repo under the numpy
github organization to host it. Or alternatively use an external
binary file host that use github credentials for upload rigths, for
instance bintray (I have no experience with this yet though).

--
Olivier