[Numpy-discussion] From Python to Numpy

Alex Rogozhnikov alex.rogozhnikov at yandex.ru
Fri Dec 30 14:36:26 EST 2016

Hi Nicolas,
that's a very nice work!

> Comments/questions/fixes/ideas are of course welcome.

Boids example brought my attention too, some comments on it:
- I find using complex numbers here very natural, this should speed up things and also shorten the code (rotating without einsum, etc.)
- you probably can speed up things with going to sparse arrays
- and you can go to really large numbers of 'birds' if you combine it with preliminary splitting of space into squares, thus analyze only birds from close squares

Also I think worth adding some operations with HSV / HSL color spaces as those can be visualized easily e.g. on some photo.

Thanks,
Alex.