[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.11.0b2 released

Robert T. McGibbon rmcgibbo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 18:51:11 EST 2016

> (we've had a few recent issues with libgfortran accidentally missing as a
requirement of scipy).

On this topic, you may be able to get some milage out of adapting
pypa/auditwheel, which can load
up extension module `.so` files inside a wheel (or conda package) and walk
the shared library dependency
tree like the runtime linker (using pyelftools), and check whether things
are going to resolve properly and
where shared libraries are loaded from.

Something like that should be able to, with minimal adaptation to use the
conda dependency resolver,
check that a conda package properly declares all of the shared library
dependencies it actually needs.

-Robert

-Robert