[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.11.0b2 released

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Sat Feb 6 18:52:37 EST 2016

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Michael Sarahan <msarahan at gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW, we (Continuum) are working on a CI system that builds conda recipes.

great, could be handy. I hope you've looked at the open-source systems that
do this: obvious-ci and conda-build-all. And conda-smithy to help set it
all up..

Chris, it may still be useful to use docker here (perhaps on the build
> worker, or elsewhere), also, as the distinction between build machines and
> user machines is important to make.  Docker would be great for making sure
> that all dependency requirements are met on end-user systems

yes -- veryhandy, I have certainly accidentally brough in other system libs
in a build....

Too bad it's Linux only. Though very useful for manylinux.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov