[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.11.0b2 released

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 8 14:59:02 EST 2016

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Michael Sarahan <msarahan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Both conda-build-all and obvious-ci are excellent projects, and we'll
> leverage them where we can (particularly conda-build-all).  Obvious CI and
> conda-smithy are in a slightly different space, as we want to use our own
> anaconda.org build service, rather than write scripts to run on other CI
> services.

I don't think conda-build-all or, for that matter, conda-smithy are fixed
to any particular CI server. But anyway, the anaconda.org build service
looks nice -- I'll need to give that a try. I've actually been building
everything on my own machines anyway so far.

> As I see it, the single, massive recipe repo that is conda-recipes has
> been a disadvantage for a while in terms of complexity, but now may be an
> advantage in terms of building downstream packages (how else would
> dependency get resolved?)

yup -- but the other issue is that conda-recipes didn't seem to be
maintained, really...

> The goal, much like ObviousCI, is to enable project maintainers to get
> their latest releases available in conda sooner, and to simplify the whole
> CI setup process.  We hope we can help each other rather than compete.

Great goal!

Thanks,

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov