[Numpy-discussion] GSoC?

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 8 19:02:47 EST 2016

As you can see in the timeline:

https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline

We are now in the stage where mentoring organizations are getting their act
together. So the question now is -- are there folks that want to mentor for
numpy projects? It can be rewarding, but it's a pretty big commitment as
well, and, I suppose depending on the project, would require some good
knowledge of the innards of numpy -- there are not a lot of those folks out
there that have that background.

So to students, I suggest you keep an eye out, and engage a little later on
in the process.

That being said, if you have a idea for a numpy improvement you'd like to
work on , by all means propose it and maybe you'll get a mentor or two
excited.

-CHB

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov