[Numpy-discussion] GSoC?

Stephan Hoyer shoyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:01:41 EST 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> OK first version:
> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/wiki/GSoC-2016-project-ideas
> I kept some of the ideas from last year, but removed all potential mentors
> as the same people may not be available this year - please re-add
> yourselves where needed.
>
> And to everyone who has a good idea, and preferably is willing to mentor
> for that idea: please add it to that page.
>
> Ralf

I removed the "Improve Numpy datetime functionality" project, since the
relevant improvements have mostly already made it into NumPy 1.11.

We might consider adding "improve duck typing for numpy arrays" if any GSOC
students are true masochists ;). I could potentially be a mentor for this
one, though of course Nathaniel is the obvious choice.

Stephan