[Numpy-discussion] proposal: new logspace without the log in the argument

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 07:10:34 EST 2016

With respect to geomspace proposals: instead of specifying start and end
values and the number of points I'd like to have an option where I can set
the start and end points and the ratio. The function would then work out
the correct number of points to get closest to the end value.

E.g. geomspace(start=1, finish=2, ratio=1.03)

The first entries would be 1.0, 1.03, 1*1.03**2, etc.

I have a requirement for the correct ratio between the points, and it's a
right bind having to calculate the exact number of points needed.