[Numpy-discussion] How to check for memory leaks?

Sebastian Berg sebastian at sipsolutions.net
Tue Feb 23 16:06:57 EST 2016

On Di, 2016-02-23 at 12:36 -0700, Charles R Harris wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm suspecting a possible memory leak in 1.11.x, what is the best way
> to check for that?

Would like to learn better methods, but I tried valgrind with trace
origins and full leak check, just thinking maybe it shows something.
Unfortunately, I got the error below midway, I ran it before
successfully (with only minor obvious leaks due to things like module
wide strings) I think. My guess is, the error does not say much at all,
but I have no clue :) (running without track-origins now, maybe it
helps).

- Sebastian

Error:

VEX temporary storage exhausted.
Pool = TEMP,  start 0x38f91668 curr 0x39456190 end 0x394561a7 (size
5000000)

vex: the `impossible' happened: