[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.11.0rc1 released.

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 12:42:29 EST 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:

> 23.02.2016, 03:47, Charles R Harris kirjoitti:
> > I'm delighted to announce the release of Numpy 1.11.0rc1. Hopefully the
> > issues discovered in 1.11.0b3 have been dealt with and this release can
> go
> > on to become the official release. Source files and documentation can be
> > found on Sourceforge
> > <https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.11.0rc1/>, while
> > source files and OS X wheels for Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5 can be
> > installed from Pypi. Please test thoroughly.
>
> FWIW https://travis-ci.org/pv/testrig/builds/108384173

Thanks for that. Most of the new errors look to be the result of the change
in divmod, where before divmod(float64(1.0), 0.0) was (inf, nan) and it is
now (nan, nan).  There are also two errors in matplotlib that look to be
the result of the slight change in the numerical values of remainder due to
improved precision. I would class those errors as more of a test problem
resulting from the inherent imprecision of floating point than a numpy
regression.

Chuck