[Numpy-discussion] deprecate random.random_integers

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:41:45 EST 2016

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 11:51 PM, G Young <gfyoung17 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> In light of the discussion in #6910, I have gone ahead and deprecated
random_integers in my most recent PR here.  As this is an API change (sort
of), what are people's thoughts on this deprecation?

I'm reasonably in favor. random_integers() with its closed-interval
convention only exists because it existed in Numeric's RandomArray module.
The closed-interval convention was broadly been considered to be a mistake
introduced early in the stdlib random module and rectified with the
introduction and promotion of random.randrange() instead.

--
Robert Kern