[Numpy-discussion] ANN: second release candidate for scipy 0.17.0

Evgeni Burovski evgeny.burovskiy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 18:24:48 EST 2016

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of the second release
candidate for Scipy 0.17.0. It's two days ahead of the original
schedule: based on typical development patterns, I'd like to have two
weekends and a full working week before January 17th, when this rc2 is
supposed to become the final release.

Please try this rc and report any issues on Github tracker or
scipy-dev mailing list.
Source tarballs and full release notes are available from Github
Releases: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/releases/tag/v0.17.0rc2

Compared to rc1, the following PRs were merged:

- - `#5624 <https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/5624>`__: FIX: Fix interpolate
- - `#5625 <https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/5625>`__: BUG: msvc9
binaries crash when indexing std::vector of size 0
- - `#5635 <https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/5635>`__: BUG:
misspelled __dealloc__ in cKDTree.
- - `#5642 <https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/5642>`__: STY: minor
fixup of formatting of 0.17.0 release notes.
- - `#5643 <https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/5643>`__: BLD: fix a
build issue in special/Faddeeva.cc with isnan.
- - `#5661 <https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/5661>`__: TST: linalg
tests used stdlib random instead of numpy.random.

There is a bit of an unusual change in this rc. In short, in testing
rc1 we found that 1) interpolate.interp1d had an undocumented feature
of allowing an array-valued fill_value to be broadcast against the
data being interpolated, and  2) we broke it in 0.17.0rc1. (See PR
5624 for details.)
We now *think* we fixed it so that no existing code is broken.
Nevertheless, I would like to encourage everyone to test their code
against this rc2, especially all code which uses interp1d.

Cheers,

Evgeni