[Numpy-discussion] Should I use pip install numpy in linux?

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:12:06 EST 2016

On 8 Jan 2016 19:07, "Robert McGibbon" <rmcgibbo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there's been any movements with the PyPI folks on
allowing linux wheels to be uploaded?

> I know you can never be certain what's provided by the distro, but it
seems like if Anaconda can solve the
cross-distro-binary-distribution-of-compiled-python-extensions problem,
there shouldn't be much technically different for Linux wheels.

Anaconda controls all of the dependent non-Python libraries which are
outside of the pip/pypi ecosystem. Pip/wheel doesn't have that option until
such libraries are packaged up for PyPI (e.g. pyopenblas).

--
Oscar