[Numpy-discussion] Should I use pip install numpy in linux?

Robert McGibbon rmcgibbo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 16:58:18 EST 2016

Well, it's always possible to copy the dependencies like libopenblas.so
into the wheel and fix up the RPATHs, similar to the way the Windows wheels
work.

I'm not sure if this is the right path for numpy or not, but it seems like
something would be suitable for some projects with compiled extensions. But
it's categorically ruled out by the PyPI policy, IIUC.

Perhaps this is OT for this thread, and I should ask on distutils-sig.

-Robert