[Numpy-discussion] Defining a base linux-64 environment [was: Should I use pip install numpy in linux?]

Robert McGibbon rmcgibbo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 07:29:13 EST 2016

> do those packages use ld --as-needed for linking?

Is it possible to check this? I mean, there are over 7000 packages that I
check. I don't know how they were all built.

It's totally possible for many of them to be unused. A reasonably common
thing might be that packages use ctypes or dlopen to dynamically load
shared libraries that are actually just optional (and catch the error and
recover gracefully if the library can't be loaded).

-Robert

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 4:20 AM, Julian Taylor <jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com