[Numpy-discussion] Defining a base linux-64 environment [was: Should I use pip install numpy in linux?]

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Mon Jan 11 22:24:43 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 6:06 AM, Robert McGibbon <rmcgibbo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I started working on a tool for checking linux wheels for "manylinux"
> compatibility, and fixing them up if possible, based on the same ideas as
> Matthew Brett's delocate for OS X. Current WIP code, if anyone wants to help
> / throw penuts, is here: https://github.com/rmcgibbo/deloc8.
>
> It's currently fairly modest and can only list non-whitelisted external
> shared library dependencies, and verify that sufficiently old versioned
> symbols for glibc and its ilk are used.

That is super cool! and also this week David C. @ Enthought
contributed the docker image that they use to actually make compatible
builds, so I guess we have some momentum; let's make this happen :-).
I just made a repo and a mailing list to continue the discussion...

https://github.com/manylinux/manylinux
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/manylinux-discuss

-n

--