[Numpy-discussion] Inconsistent behavior for ufuncs in numpy v1.10.X

Solbrig,Jeremy Jeremy.Solbrig at colostate.edu
Tue Jan 26 12:49:10 EST 2016

The problem isn’t specifically with _optinfo.  _optinfo losing information is just a symptom of the fact that __array_prepare__, __array_wrap__, and __array_finalize__ do not appear to be working as documented.  So far as I can tell, there is no way to access attributes of subclasses when using mathematical operators so it is impossible to maintain subclasses that contain additional attributes.