[Numpy-discussion] Added atleast_nd, request for clarification/cleanup of atleast_3d

Joseph Fox-Rabinovitz jfoxrabinovitz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 10:41:24 EDT 2016

I would like to follow up on my original PR (7804). While there
appears to be some debate as to whether the PR is numpy material to
begin with, there do not appear to be any technical issues with it. To
make the decision more straightforward, I factored out the
non-controversial bug fixes to masked arrays into PR #7823, along with
their regression tests. This way, the original enhancement can be
closed or left hanging indefinitely, (even though I hope neither
happens). PR 7804 still has the bug fixes duplicated in it.

Regards,

    -Joe