[Numpy-discussion] isnan() equivalent for np.NaT?

Scott Sanderson ssanderson at quantopian.com
Mon Jul 18 17:20:33 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I'm working on upgrading Zipline (github.com/quantopian/zipline) to the
latest numpy, and I'm getting a FutureWarnings about the upcoming change in
the behavior of comparisons on np.NaT.  I'd like to be able to do checks
for NaT in a way that's forwards-compatible, but I couldn't find a function
analogous to `np.isnan` for NaT.  Am I missing something that already
exists?  If not, is there interest in such a function? I'd like to be able
to pre-emptively fix the warnings in Zipline so that we're ready when the
change actually happens, but it doesn't seem like the necessary tools are
available right now.

-Scott