[Numpy-discussion] NumPy lesson at EuroScipy2016?

mail at telenczuk.pl mail at telenczuk.pl
Thu Jun 9 17:25:27 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Recently I taught "Advanced NumPy" lesson at a Software Carpentry workshop [1]. It covered a review of basic operations on numpy arrays and also more advanced topics: indexing, broadcasting, dtypes and memory layout. I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the lesson materials, which are available on github pages [2].

I am also thinking of proposing this lesson as a EuroScipy 2016 tutorial. Is anyone already planning to teach NumPy there? If so, would you be interested to team up for this lesson (as a co-instructor, helper or mentor)?

I gratefully acknowledge inspiration, some examples and exercises from the following materials:

- NumPy chapters of "SciPy lectures" by Emmanuelle Gouillart, Didrik Pinte, Gaël Varoquaux, and Pauli Virtanen [3]
- "Advanced NumPy patterns" by Juan Nunez-Iglesias [4]
- "The NumPy array. A structure for efficient numerical computation." by Stefan van der Walt [5]

Yours,

Bartosz

[1] http://telecom-python.telenczuk.pl
[2] https://paris-swc.github.io/advanced-numpy-lesson/