[Numpy-discussion] NumPy lesson at EuroScipy2016?

Emmanuelle Gouillart emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org
Sat Jun 11 15:53:55 EDT 2016

Dear Bartocz,

thank you very much for proposing a tutorial on advanced NumPy for
Euroscipy 2016! I think it's an awesome idea! Before the call for
proposals, I did a survey about the subjects that people were interested
in for the advanced tutorials, and advanced NumPy scored very high (see
the poll on
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1H0vDPNgRVyESM1LYHSXXmunTgorNvVmu_psS56u9MOk/viewanalytics
and my blog post on the results on
http://emmanuelle.github.io/euroscipy-tutorials-results-from-the-opinion-poll.html).

Therefore, I would be very grateful if you were willing to submit a
proposal for a tutorial on advanced NumPy, in the advanced track. For the
beginners track, there is already a tutorial on NumPy, which will be
given by Gert Ingold (a contributor to the Scipy Lecture Notes). He's
planning to cover the intro chapter of the scipy lecture notes about
NumPy http://www.scipy-lectures.org/intro/numpy/index.html

Since you mentioned the Scipy Lecture Notes in your e-mail, if you think
that you would be interested in updating/improving the part on advanced
NumPy of the lecture notes, that'd be really awesome!

All the best,
Emma