[Numpy-discussion] GSoC?

Evgeni Burovski evgeny.burovskiy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 09:38:42 EST 2016

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 11:55 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
> wrote:

<snip>

>> This is last year's page:
>> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/wiki/GSoC-2015-project-ideas
>>
>> Some ideas have been worked on, others are still relevant. Let's copy this
>> page to -2016- and start editing it and adding new ideas. I'll start right
>> now actually.
>

> OK first version:
> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/wiki/GSoC-2016-project-ideas
> I kept some of the ideas from last year, but removed all potential mentors
> as the same people may not be available this year - please re-add yourselves
> where needed.

Thanks Ralf for doing it!

Just a quick note on de-listed projects. While I do not disagree with
removing the projects on splines and special functions, this IMO does
not mean we won't consider proposals on either of these topics if
someone wants to write one. For instance, if Josh or Ted want to frame
their work on hypergeometric functions as a GSoC project, I'm sure
we're going to at least consider these.

Evgeni