[Numpy-discussion] linux wheels coming soon

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:44:44 EDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mar 24, 2016 8:04 AM, "Peter Cock" <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nathaniel,
>>
>> Will you be providing portable Linux wheels aka manylinux1?
>> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0513/
>
> Matthew Brett will (probably) do the actual work, but yeah, that's the idea
> exactly. Note the author list on that PEP ;-)
>
> -n

Yep - I was partly double checking, but also aware many folk
skim the NumPy list and might not be aware of PEP-513 and
the standardisation efforts going on.

Also in addition to http://travis-dev-wheels.scipy.org/ and
http://travis-wheels.scikit-image.org/ mentioned by Ralf there
is http://wheels.scipy.org/ which I presume will get the new
Linux wheels once they go live.

Is it possible to add a README to these listings explaining
what they are intended to be used for?

P.S. To save anyone else Googling, you can do things like this:

pip install -r requirements.txt --timeout 60 --trusted-host
travis-wheels.scikit-image.org -f
http://travis-wheels.scikit-image.org/

Thanks,

Peter