[Numpy-discussion] Blog-post that explains what Blaze actually is and where Pluribus project now lives.

Travis Oliphant travis at continuum.io
Tue Mar 29 16:28:58 EDT 2016

I have emailed this list in the past explaining what is driving my open
source efforts now.

Here is a blog-post that may help some of you understand at little bit of
the history of Blaze, DyND Numba, and other related developments as they
relate to scaling up and scaling out array-computing in Python.

http://technicaldiscovery.blogspot.com/2016/03/anaconda-and-hadoop-story-of-journey.html

This post and these projects do not have anything to do with the future of
the NumPy and/or SciPy projects which are now in great hands guiding their
community-driven development.

The post is however, a discussion of additional projects that will
hopefully benefit some of you as well, and for which your feedback and
assistance is welcome.

Best,

-Travis

--