[Numpy-discussion] Intel random number package

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 01:29:29 EDT 2016

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/8209. It is from
>> > oleksandr-pavlyk and implements the number random number package using
MKL for increased speed. I think we are definitely interested in the
improved speed, but I'm not sure numpy is the best place to put the
package. I'd welcome any comments on the PR itself, as well as any thoughts
on the best way organize or use of this work. Maybe scikit-random

>> This is what ng-numpy-randomstate is for.
>>
>> https://github.com/bashtage/ng-numpy-randomstate
>
> Interesting, despite old fashioned original ziggurat implementation of
the normal and gnu c style... Does that project seek to preserve all the
bytestreams or is it still in flux?

I would assume some flux for now, but you can ask the author by submitting
a corrected ziggurat PR as a trial balloon. ;-)

--
Robert Kern