[Numpy-discussion] __numpy_ufunc__

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 13:47:16 EDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Stephan Hoyer <shoyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Recall that I think we wanted to rename this to __array_ufunc__, so we
> could change the function signature: https://github.com/numpy/
> numpy/issues/5986
>
> I'm still a little nervous about this. Chunk -- what is your proposal for
> resolving the outstanding issues from https://github.com/numpy/
> numpy/issues/5844?

We were pretty close. IIRC, the outstanding issue was some sort of
override. At the developer meeting at scipy 2015 it was agreed that it
would be easy to finish things up under the rubric "make Pauli happy". But
that wasn't happening which is why I asked Nathaniel to disable it for
1.10.0. It is now a year later, things have cooled, and, IMHO, it is time
to take another shot at it.

<snip>

Chuck