[Numpy-discussion] Has anyone ever used f2py with Cray ftn? How?

Paul Leopardi paul.leopardi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 06:45:11 EDT 2016

Hi,
Has anyone ever used f2py with the Cray ftn compiler driver? The compiler driver can drive Cray, Gnu, Intel Fortran compilers, including necessary libraries, via loaded modules.

Assuming that this has never been done, or that the existing code to do this is unavailable:

To use Cray ftn with f2py do I need to change the source code under numpy/distutils/fcompiler, as suggested by this blog post?
https://gehrcke.de/2014/02/building-numpy-and-scipy-with-intel-compilers-and-intel-mkl-on-a-64-bit-machine/
I would need to create a new file, cray.py under this directory, contain classes for each of the Cray, Gnu and Intel compilers as invoked by the ftn driver.

What other files would I need to change? How would I package tests? How would I contribute the resulting code to NumPy?
All the best, Paul
--
Paul Leopardi https://sites.google.com/site/paulleopardi/