[Numpy-discussion] [7949] How to handle these deprecation Warning errors

Saurabh Mehta e.samehta at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 09:36:08 EDT 2016

Hi

I am working on issue #7949, and need to use "-3" switch while running
python 2.7 for my tests.
python -3 -c "import numpy as np; np.test()"

Several errors are reported and all all of them are DeprecationWarnings,
which is ok. (https://travis-ci.org/njase/numpy/jobs/162733502)

*But now these errors must be either fixed or skipped. This is where I am
facing problem. Pls suggest:*

1. *Identify that python was invoked with -3 and skip these cases*:
There seems no way to know if python was invoked with -3
sys.argv only reports about "-c" and ignores other switches

2. *Fix these issues:* All of them are about deprecated APIs and new APIs
have been introduced in python 3. Since I am using python 2.x, I don't see
a way to fix them

What to do?

Regards
Saurabh