[Numpy-discussion] ImportError: Importing the multiarray numpy extension module failed

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Wed Feb 15 00:01:09 EST 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Amit Bhosle <amit at haystackapp.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm struggling with a numpy issue and web search hasn't helped. I'm on
> windows 10, and using Python27.
>
> I've tried reinstalling numpy, and also a few different versions, but
> without any luck.
>
> numpy was pulled in as dependency of timezonefinder==1.5.7 that i need, and
> the numpy-1.12.0.dist-info distribution was installed..
>
> The error on my google-app-engine server's console is as below..
> Can someone pls help?

Are you using the app engine "standard environment"? That's a very
weird Python environment that forbids the installation of all packages
that contain C code. This obviously includes numpy, and would explain
your error. They do provide a pre-installed super-ancient version of
numpy with some features removed, which might work for you if you
force-uninstall numpy. Otherwise you might need to switch to the
"flexible environment".

-n