[Numpy-discussion] Numpy Development Queries

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 00:01:55 EST 2017

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 7:32 AM, ashwin.pathak <
ashwin.pathak at students.iiit.ac.in> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am new to this organization and wanted to start with some easy-fix
> issues to get some knowledge about the soruce code. However, the issues
> under easy-fix labels have already been solved or someone is at it. Can
> someone help me find such issues?

Hi Ashwin, welcome. I don't want to seem discouraging, but I do want to
explain that NumPy is significantly harder to get started on than SciPy
(which you've started on already) as a newcomer to the scientific Python
ecosystem. So I'd encourage you to spend some more time on the SciPy issues
- there are more easy-fix ones there, and the process of contributing (pull
requests, reviews, finding your way around the codebase) is similar for the
two projects.

Cheers,
Ralf